No other single area of your home receives more abuse than the roof. Roofing material endures heat, wind, rain, snow, temperature fluctuations and humidity, impacts from debris or hail, and UV radiation! So, let’s walk through some important facts as a homeowner you should know about your roof!
Did You Know…?
- Every roof eventually wears out.
- The quality of the roofing materials, the climate of your area, and attic ventilation can prolong or shorten the life of your roof.
- Leaks and problem areas generally can be repaired without needing a new roof.
- The life of a shingle does not correspond to the life of your roof.
- Investing in your roofing materials is always a wise use of your money.
- The roofing material contributes more directly to a house’s age than any other single area of the house.
- Metal roofing is actually lighter than asphalt or wood shingles.
Robert Smith Siding & Remodeling has answers to your questions and can provide estimates for any budget requirements so give us a call to discuss your roofing needs!